There are many ways to support our teachers, students and administrators that can fit into your available time, during the school day, at night, or on the weekend.
Join an Onsite Committee
Please consider your possible participation in the School Site Council (SSC) or our School English Learners Advisory Committee (SELAC). More details can be found on the Trace Website. Please nominate members for SSC using this form.
- School Site Council (SSC)
- Meets third Monday of every month @ 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- Se reúne el tercer lunes de cada mes a las 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- School English Learners Advisory Committee (SELAC)
- Meets third Tuesday of every month @ 8:30am
- Se reúne el tercer martes de cada mes a las 8:30am
Babysitting on Trace campus is available to allow you to join evening PTO meetings, and the after-school SSC and SELAC meetings.
Help in the Classroom and at the School
- Become a classroom coordinator to be a liaison between the teacher and parents
- Join a Project Cornerstone program – ABC Readers, Los Dichos
- Contact your child’s teacher and/or classroom coordinator to see how you can help in the classroom
- Contact the parent liaison
- Volunteer to help out at a Book Fair
- Ask the Trace Librarian how you can help in the library
To volunteer in the classroom the district requires that you get Trace Volunteer Approved annually. Go here to complete the district steps to become approved.
- Review their Volunteer Policies
- Complete the online application
- Send required documents to [email protected]
- Get fingerprinted with San José Unified
All district volunteers must also have the following:
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- TB clearance
- Fingerprint/background check clearance
Get Involved with the PTO
Below are just a few ways to get involved with the PTO. You can also check out other ways to get involved with the PTO here.