Interested in volunteering?
There are many ways to support our teachers, students and administrators that can fit into your available time, during the school day, at night, or on the weekend.
Like to help in the classroom?
- Become a classroom coordinator to be a liaison between the teacher and parents
- Join a Project Cornerstone program
- Contact your child’s teacher and/or classroom coordinator to see how you can help in the classroom
- Contact the parent liaison
Like to help outside of class?
- Join the PTO – you’ll get emailed volunteer requests and will hear more details early if you can go to the monthly PTO meetings
- Add yourself to the Trace Facebook page to see volunteer requests
- Look here for PTO volunteer requests on our website
- Review PTO board roles to find a good match for you
- Join the Trace Garden Club to help Trace’s garden flourish
- Ask the Trace librarian how you can help in the library
- Go to the monthly SSC or SELAC meetings
- SSC helps plan, monitor, and evaluate all school programs
- SELAC assists in managing the English Learners Education plan
- Look for the Principal Coffees on the Trace Calendar to participate and hear about how parents can help in other ways
When is babysitting offered to allow me to join meetings?
Babysitting on Trace campus is available to allow you to join evening PTO meetings, and the after-school SSC and SELAC meetings.
Do I need to do anything else to become a volunteer?
To volunteer in the classroom the district requires that you get Trace Volunteer Approved annually. Go here to complete the district steps to become approved!
Do I need to get SJUSD volunteer approval to become a PTO Board Member?
No, you do not need to go through the SJUSD Volunteer approval process to become a PTO board member. It’s unnecessary to get TB tested to join!